We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 2 hour walking tour?

Level Contributor
2,695 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Best 2 hour walking tour?

We will be stopping in Matera on the way from the Amalfi Coast to Puglia. We want to have lunch and spend a few hours walking around. Starting to realize it may be best to do a walking tour so we get the most out of our visit. Any recommendations for a 2 hour walking tour or a guide who we could prebook with? Open to lunch recommendations as well!

1 reply
Virginia
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 2 hour walking tour?

We loved Antonio's tour (and we are not typically tour doers):

http://www.materatourguide.it/public/

This was my favorite meal in Matera:

Dalla Padella alla Brace

Portions were very ample, so order carefully if you intend to walk after! The antipasti platter would make a great lunch.

I also liked Il Borghese very much--I had a memorable pasta with cardoncelli mushrooms (this was like four years ago--so very memorable indeed!)

There is no shortage of good restaurants in Matera, but these two were not smack dab in the center of the sassi, so may be less likely to be overwhelmed at lunch time.

Be sure to leave room for I Vizi degli Angeli Laboratorio di Gelateria Artigianale!

Reply to: Best 2 hour walking tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted