We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help- Puglia 5 day itinerary

Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help- Puglia 5 day itinerary

Hi

I want to visit the Puglia region as i loved all that i read about it. i am backpacking Italy from South to North in May this year. After reading most of the posts here it is really confusing. i see most of the people driving. But i dont really want to drive there alone. This is what i was thinking.

Day 1 - Travel day- Flixbus/train from Naples to Bari. Stay in Bari

Day 2 - Stay in Bari and travel around ( Cathedral, Castle, Harbour )

Day 3 - Travel (Flixbus) to Matera and stay in Matera

Day 4/5 - travel to Leece (Flixbus) - Stay in Leece

Day 6- Back to Bari and stay in Bari

Day 7- Travel day - travelling to Rome. (train)

i am still struggling on the places to visit. Any suggestions are welcome. i love architecture. walking around small towns and foodie. Of course i love the beaches but not much of a water person

12 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help- Puglia 5 day itinerary

Please ignore previous poster. You don’t need to go to Taranto (large, not particularly attractive port city), Brindisi or Foggia. If you go all the way to Puglia you should see the best it has to offer, not just any town because it is on the train route!

There is nothing scary about renting a car, but some of the towns I mentioned earlier on post no.7 are on a train/bus route. You should read about them and see if you would be interested in going. They fit your description of smaller town with interesting architecture.

Edited: 19 February 2018, 12:15
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help- Puglia 5 day itinerary

Thank you everyone for the replies. i had some issue with my tripadvisor account and it wasnt letting me post anything.

Someone mentioned to me about tours that are being offered in Puglia, Here is the link for it.

http://www.infolecce.it/visite-guidate.html

I am going to look into it.

I am not used to driving in European countries. so just being skeptical of driving alone.

With the transit,i was able to fit in Ostuni and alberobello too in my itinerary. Also the Rome to rio website looks good. thank you for suggesting it. i think i will need to plan more on Puglia. i will keep the driving option open.

Reply to: Help- Puglia 5 day itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted