We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

settimana della cultura 2013

Essex
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
settimana della cultura 2013

I'm wondering if anyone has any info. on the date for the Settimana della cultura (Week of Culture) in Venice 2013.

My efforts so far have been unsuccessful.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: settimana della cultura 2013

The Settimana della cultura is an Italy-wide initiative of the Ministero per i beni e le attivita culturali, and in Venice it has until now only affected the (relatively few) state-owned museums; the more numerous civic museums have not offered free admission.

MiBAC generally announces the dates in November or December.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 19:02
Essex
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: settimana della cultura 2013

Thank you fro the info.

I shall keep an eye out for announcements in Nov. or Dec.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: settimana della cultura 2013

I wrote to the italian embassy, in my country. As you can see in their answer, that I am copying, the Settimana della cultura will be from April 14th to April 21th

Estimado Sr. Martínez,

toda la información detallada y por Ud. solicitada la puede encontrar en

www.italiadiscovery.it o www.google.it (settimana della cultura 2013)

la semana es del 14 al 21 abril, las visitas son gratis pero en muchos lugares aconsejan reservar los mismos sobre todo cuando son visitas guiadas de grupos pequeños.

Cada museo, galería etc tiene sus recomendaciones, es necesario hacer un recorrido en internet para informarse.

Atte,

Silvana Rossignol

Segreteria IIC Montevideo

segreteria.iicmontevideo@esteri.it

Paraguay 1177

Tel (00598) 2900 3354

Regards.

Daniel Martínez

Montevideo

Uruguay

Beijing
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: settimana della cultura 2013

This is the reply I got from checking with Easy-Italia today:

Dear Client,

thank you for your email to Easy Italia.

We contacted the Office of Ministry of Culture to 06.6723.2980 and we were informed that the dates for the week of Culture in 2013 have not yet been chosen.

On April 14th , began the week of culture in 2012, which ended April 22nd , 2012.

For further information we recommend that you contact us again in the coming months or visit the Cultural Heritage Website: beniculturali.it/mibac/…index.html (unfortunately available only in Italian). During the week of Cultural Heritage is only possible to book tickets for museums, where booking is required (eg Galleria Borghese in Rome), for other museums you will need to queue, which will still be shorter than usual because they only have to distribute the free tickets.

Not all of the museums will participate at the free entrance during the week of Cultural Heritage, last year for example the Colosseum has not participate in the week and the tickets were still in charge. To find out if a museum participate or not you will have to wait for the official dates and subscription of museums.

If you want contact us before your trip, we will do for you a more detailed search.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,268 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: settimana della cultura 2013

In fact, according to a news report published today, there will be no more culture week -- at least in 2013.

The Ministry may offer instead free entry to museums the last Sunday every month, but this is still in the planning stage, according to this report.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,268 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: settimana della cultura 2013

Here's the report in question, for those of you who can read Italian:

adnkronos.com/IGN/News/Spettacolo/Musei-Buzz…

7. Re: settimana della cultura 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 11:49