We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

Hi,

I've just booked this apartment, and was wondering if anyone has stayed there?

It's on Campiello dei Meloni, Calle Large de la Malvasia, San Polo and I'm having trouble finding it on streetview or venice 360? (regular google maps doesn't have the tiny streets listed and I can't find a magnifying glass for my time out map to work out if it's on there!)

I've got directions from the agency, but was just wondering if anyone had actually stayed there?

I've read the comments here re veniceapartments.org (haven't found any actual reviews) and will be arriving on a Sunday morning, outside office hours, so fingers crossed the keys are in the box!

As usual, I appreciate the help. Wish me luck!

New York, New York
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

"Fingers crossed [that] the keys are in the box"? Is that what you were told?

Did you get a recommendation from someone before booking?

I believe it is standard in Venice for someone to meet you and tell you about things you will need to know -- e.g., how to operate any appliances, where to put the recyclables, how to use the keys if the lock sticks, where the local grocery stores and restaurants are.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
19,672 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

Send an email to remind then. They were in the office when we picked up our keys even though it is outside the actual office hours.

"I believe it is standard in Venice for someone to meet you and tell you about things you will need to know -- e.g., how to operate any appliances, where to put the recyclables, how to use the keys if the lock sticks, where the local grocery stores and restaurants are."

none of my apts in Italy covered operation of appliances. with my other apts in Rome and Florence along with this one, ther is printed matter in the apt about what to do about the trash, and where the nearest grocery store is.

Make sure you keep a copy of the emergency number that they give you

The key that Veniceapartment.org gave us must have been slightly bent (you could not notice it). We got into the apt OK on Friday, but when we went out and then returned on Sat afternoon, the key and the lock jammed. We called the emergency number, and the agency had the landlady there in about an hour. She and my husband got tools from a local restaurant, but to no avail at moving the key. The landlady told us that there are 3 locksmiths in venice and none of them work on Saturday. She told us the local fire dept would come out and try to get the door open for a fee. I told her I would pay the fee. The firemen came out with a big tool box and in 5 minutes got the door open and the key out. They showed the landlady how the key was jamming because it was bent. The landlady's key did not jam/stick. The landlady left us her key to use for rest of our visit.

Based on some of my interactions with other rental agencies/landlord in Italy, I felt like these guys at Veniceapartments.org were princes. They answered the emergency phone. They sent someone out to dealt with the situation promptly. The person that appeared was knowledgable enough to some up a solution that was effective. These guys and than landlady were GREAT!!

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
19,672 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

We stayed in the San Lorenzo Apt in April 2012 in Castello, not the Da Ponte Apt.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

thanks, lupaling, I'll definately be speaking with them before arrival.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

Just wanted to ask you how it went with the da ponte apartment. We booked it for july and I wanted the address and the way to get the keys, but they havent sent it to me yet, only the confirmation with the standard stuff, but no spacifics.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
19,672 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

They will send you a great map in your email.

Here is a more general map I made and Above Tide where you get the key is the green Horsemen on the map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

Oh, ok. I was just getting worried, because its coming up in about a week and all they sent me was their veniceapartments.org general info with the confirmation. No spacifics what so ever. I emailed them so Im hoping I will get something soon. Thanks!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

Hi Xuxam,

I've pm'd you as I've not stayed there yet either.

I emailed them last week and Vanessa and got back straight away, however, there may be a delay for you due to time differences.

Have a good trip, I hope you'll come back with a review!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

This message is for LizzieandIzzy:

I'm a traveller and I'm new of this forum.

When I saw this comment I Had some doubts:

"I believe it is standard in Venice for someone to meet you and tell you about things you will need to know -- e.g., how to operate any appliances, where to put the recyclables, how to use the keys if the lock sticks, where the local grocery stores and restaurants are"

if you really need to know how to use the key..... how is possible for you to catch a flight? or rent an apt? If you really need somebody explain you how to use key, oven, burners, toilet..., or where you can find a supermarket, I think you don't need an agency, but you need a miracle :) (it is a joke).

Really, I think is not nice to put personal ideas in the mind of the other people, using a public forum.

Edited: 24 October 2012, 20:55
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,155 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Da Ponte apartment, Veniceapartments.org

Nobdoy said anything about needing this information, just that it was standardly provided.