We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning tours

2 posts
Early morning tours

Doge’s palace website says it opens at 8:30 am. The basilica also opens before 10. However every tour that I am looking at only starts at 10:45. Is there an 8:30 am tour that will finish Doges Palace and St Marks Basilica before noon? This will be on 7/7/18, a Friday.

How early in the morning can I get a private Gondola ride? I prefer to do this after sunrise to enjoy the serenity at sunrise and the morning hustle as locals start their day, but I am not sure if that is an option.

We are in Venice for a very short time. We arrive at 9:20 am on a Thursday and leave at 1 pm on Friday by train. On Thursday we are going to Burano islands, followed by some time in Venice and the Opera at night. Initially, we thought about doing Burano in the morning but again no tours that early. We also didn’t want to be be on an island waiting for the Vaporette while I missed my train.

4 replies to this topic
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
328 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Early morning tours

I you have that little time, I wouldn't try to book tours. You can easily discover Palazzo Ducale or the Basilica yourself, as well as Burano. Is there any specific reason you want to go to this Island? Although it's very beautiful, it's a long trip on the boat so you might want to spend that time in Venice instead.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,216 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Early morning tours

I would agree with Katia there, Burano is pretty but getting there is time consuming for such a short stay,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
19,383 posts
125 reviews
3. Re: Early morning tours

Buy yourself a good Venice guide book before you depart and forget about time specific organised tours.. I like those published by DK, Time Out and Knopf.

For such a short visit I would abandon ideas of a visit to Burano as the time taken getting there and back would take too big a slice of your limited available time.

2 posts
4. Re: Early morning tours

Thanks for your replies. You all are right, I do feel the time crunch in going to Burano. It’s so pretty! :)

I thought the guided tours would have priority entry even in the skip-the-line. Is that so? If that is not the case, I would also prefer self-guided.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 23:53
Reply to: Early morning tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted