We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

Hi all I know lots have been written about transport to and from the cruise terminal in Venice. But can I get some current feedback as to which of the two train stations is the best option for us to get off from a train from Verona. Just two adults with one suitcase each and quite capable of walking if it is practical to do so.

Regards Mary

Best Seller
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
462 Reviews
from US$ 77.70*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,631 Reviews
from US$ 80.10*
US$ 87.30
Best Seller
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,679 Reviews
from US$ 53.80*
7 replies to this topic
Turin
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

Mestre station, if you want to keep it simple and just get off the train and take a land taxi to the cruise terminal.

S. Lucia if you'd rather get on the people mover and then walk to your ship.

Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

Thanks for the information I think we will go with the taxi from Mestre station, would you have any idea of the approximate cost of a taxi for this trip.

Regards Mary

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,094 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

A taxi from central Mestre to the port should have a fixed price of €35. See https:/…tariffe.php

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,377 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

The transfer from Santa Lucia to the cruise terminal is, frankly, a massive pain in the rear end. You have to cross a bridge to Piazzale Roma after leaving the station and that bridge is a short walk away. Then, you need to go to the far corner of Piazzale Roma and pay to use the people mover to the stop nearest the terminl, and then it;s another walk to wherever your ship is docked.

It is far simpler and easier to grab a taxi from outside Mestre station, though as I am a cheapskate I've now done the people mover several times!

Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

Thanks for the information I like to know what to expect if possible.

Regards Mary

Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

Thanks for your input, I'm a bit of a cheapskate to but walking in this instance sounds like hard work, we will get a taxi from Mestre station like suggested.

Regards Mary

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,377 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal

I think that's the right decision. Another reason I stubbornly go via Piazzale Roma is becaus ei want to test myself to make sure I'm still up to taking my bags across the bridge, and not getting too decrepit :-)

Reply to: Train Verona to Venice cruise terminal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted