We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

I'd like to go from Treviso to Padova by bus or coach is it possible?

South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

I have taken the train - I think it was only about 4 euro. Is there a reason you prefer the bus? (I'm pretty sure there is one, but I don't know the details)

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

Hello!

Yes it is possible to go from Treviso to Padova by coach.

The bus company name is "La Marca"

For timetable go to lamarcabus.it/orari/contenitore_orari.html

The coach is number 1.

As it was already sayed, you can go to Padova also by train

www.trenitalia.it

malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

the only reason is that on trenitalia they were only showing one train that leaves late in the afternoon.

malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

Thank you Sofia for your reply. Do you know from where you catch this coach? would it be near to the train station of Treviso?

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

Maris, my timetable shows 5 trains to Mestre between 16.45 and 19.12 from there of course trains to Padua are every few minutes.

That is not to say that the bus is not an option but have you seen the road system around Padua it is horrendous even for a bus driver! The trainline is straight and direct.

Best of luck,

Bob.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,119 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

The Trenitalia web site at present does not have information after 12 June. Use a travel date next week to see all the trains.

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

Dear Maris,

the coach station is in the city centre, very closed to train station. You can go here from railway station on foot, about 5 minutes.

I think there is also a coach stop at the train station, but I'm not sure.

There is a lot of trains from Treviso to Padova and it takes about 1 hour with change at Mestre.

By bus it takes 1 hour too.

Have a nice day!

Sofia77

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

Bus is direct but takes 1 hour 20 minutes (traffic permitting, and as someone has said, traffic in this area can get positively horrendous).

Trains take between 50 minutes and an hour and while in most cases you have to change at Mestre, there are a few direct regional trains (as you can see on the Trenitalia website) that are routed via Castelfranco Veneto, not via Mestre. Those would be the best choice IMO.

malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

Hi Itrav,

Thanks for your answer maybe this is the winter timetable. I shall have a look next week maybe they will have the summer one. Afternoon trains are no good as my intention is to go there early in the morning and come back to Treviso the sam day at night.

Have a nice day.

malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Treviso -Padova coach or bus?

Hi,

I think that is the problem the winter timetable only shows afternoon trips whereas we would like to go for a day and start early morning. thanks