I am hoping someone can help me with this:
My wife and I dont drive. We are travelling with friends to Cortina d'ampezzo and staying there 2 nights. Our friends do drive, so we will be able to visit some hikes and lakes from there. Our friends leave Cortina heading to lake Como on the third morning. We have two more nights but have no access to a car. We are thinking that we get dropped off on the way to Bolzano and spend 2 nights there as it is well connected to Verona (from where we can fly back out to London). Also, As I really want to visit the Archeology museum it makes sense to stay on Bolzano.
Some of the questions in my mind were
- Does the above plan make sense and is worth it?
- we want to do some small hikes – is Bolzano a good base / location for that (witout a car)?
- Ideally would love to stay somewhere very scenic – people have recommended Santa Cristina Valgardena as an option but would that be too hard to get around for 2-3 days without a car and to get from there to Verona?
- Any tips on travelling to Verona from Bolzano/or other place?
- Any tips for things we should pre-book for Bolzano and/or Cortina? (Food or activity or gondola etc)
- Is it easy to get from Bolzano to neighboring villages / towns without a car – with only 2 days there (out of which we would need time to explore Bolzano and do the museum and the gondola, perhaps on the other day – what would be a town worth visiting by bus?)