We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobilcard Bolzano area

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mobilcard Bolzano area

I read that with Mobilcard I could ride buses and regional trains in all Trentino area and that I have to stamp the ticket each time I use it. How is it possible to stamp the ticket each time if for example I buy a seven-day pass and so use it a lot? Or is the ticket an electronic one? And if it is electronic, how can I stamp it in train stations? Thanks for any help.

San Lorenzo di...
Destination Expert
for South Tyrol Dolomites
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobilcard Bolzano area

Yes, the mobilcard is an electronic ticket. At every train station, there is an electronic reading device. Just hold your ticket against the device until you hear a sound, and off you go. There are no devices at bus stations, however, busses are equipped with these devices as well. So hold your card against the device in the bus. Yes, you have to do this for every ride you take, regardles how often you ride on a day or within seven days.

Gerd

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobilcard Bolzano area

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate!

Margreid, Südtirol...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobilcard Bolzano area

1. The Mobilcard is *not* contactless. You have to insert it into the slot of the validator (sii.bz.it/en/…system-of-validation) at the beginning of every route. It will not work by simply holding it up to the validator.

2. There is a difference between Alto Adige (Province of Bozen/Bolzano) and Trentino. The only route covered by the Mobilcard in Trentino is that of the train from anywhere in Alto Adige to Trento.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobilcard Bolzano area

So local buses in Trento city are not covered?

Margreid, Südtirol...
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobilcard Bolzano area

I am pretty sure not. 😕

6. Re: Mobilcard Bolzano area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2018, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Trentino-Alto Adige