We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

I'm at the beginning of organising our wedding in May next year in Lake Orta. I am looking for a wedding reception which will allow me to have an intimate space where I can have a sit down meal for 50 but with the relaxed atmosphere where a good party can take place into the early morning. Also great views of the lake, so I want it all and was wondering does this place exist in Lake Orta? I have already decided on the beautiful church 'Madonna Del Sasso'.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sally

Edinburgh
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

Hi Sally

I am getting married in Orta San Giulio this June and I'm having a similar size of reception to you. We're having our reception in the lakeside restaurant L'Ustaria Ca Del Rat restaurant which is on the lakeside just outside of the village. It's a beautiful setting, you can arrive by boat, you eat outside by the lake and the food is amazing. The website is:

www.lustaria.it

Weddings there are organised by Philippa Beggi, an Orta based wedding planner. Please contact me if you need any further information.

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

I got married in Orta 2 years ago and we had our reception at L'ustaria Ca Del Rat. The food was fantastic and there was so much of it we could have fed everyone again. The staff are great, very friendly and helpful. We took our guests by boat from the main square to the restaurant which was just a great experience. The views are superb with the Mountains on the other side of the Lake and candles in the garden as the sun went down, we ate in the garden under umberellas with the guests kids playing on the grass. Everyone agreed that Orta was the best place to get married and L'ustaria the best place for a reception (which annoyed my friend who'd got married in a French Castle 6 months before!).

Phillipa Beggi was my wedding planner and could not have done a better job.

I hope you have a great wedding.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

Thank you both for your replies. I have just returned from Lake Orta and have booked Ustaria, before even seeing what you wrote! Yes, by far the best place, I tasted the food and it was amazing! Please let me know how your wedding goes and any little tips you can pass onto me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again!

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

How did the wedding go in L'ustaria? Was wondering if you can give me any hints or tips for mine? I'm sure it was amazing!

Eastbourne, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

I'd also be interested to hear how it went - we're having our reception there in Sept 2011! We've been advised to eat (the 7-course meal!) at 7pm, so i'm slightly concerned there won't be much of a party after all that food.

I'm so excited about Lake Orta, it's exactly what I had in mind.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

Hi guys, probably too late as you all have made arrangements by now, but my wife & I got married at Orta San Giulio in April 2009 and it was fantastic. We used the Venus restaurant in the village and it was amazing. The management were amazing and helpful and the staff very friendly. We had 50 guests there and they have a great room upstairs overlooking the lake. We had the table arranged in a 'T' shape with us (bride & groom) and the best man & chief bridesmaid sitting there facing down at the rest of our guests. It was perfect for it. The deal was supposed to be 1/2 half bottle of wine per person at dinner but because our party cut loose and really enjoyed themselves, the manager did not charge us for any wine at all. As I said though, that was purely because the guests were not shy at the bar during the day / night.

Edinburgh, Scotalnd
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

Hi

I have just been out to Lake Orta and loved the place and the restaurant. My only question which I dont know if anyone can answer is the noise from the road. When we were there quite a bit of very noisy traffic passed and we were pretty much drowned out. I was told in the summer with foliage on the trees this was not a problem and also later in the evening traffic was minimal. Dont know if thats a bit a of sales spin or not? Any one been there for a meal/ wedding who can advise?

Thanks!

sussex
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

Hi,

I can strongly recommend the L'Ustaria C Dal Rat. We were married in Orta last July and had our reception here. It was truly amazing. The food, venue, view and staff were superb. We had 60 guests and there was room for dancing with our amazing jazz band. Everyone had a terrific time.

Good luck with the planning

Jennifer

North West, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

This is why I love Trip Advisor, so much helpful information!

We are looking at September 2012 for our wedding in Lake Orta and have spoken to Phillia about our plans with a view to visiting May this year.

Could any one advise me on the following please :

What's the best way to get from the airport? Most people will fly to Bergamo (Ryanair) so was wondering if any one had done the train journey or if car was the only really option.

How did peoples friends/family find booking accommodation, is there lots? And how did you get them from the wedding reception back to the hotels?

Are most wedding reception venues happy to have music and dancing until late? Would hate the idea of everything ending at midnight!

What is the weather like around September time?

Any help/advice would be massively appreciated!

County Kerry...
Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding receptions in Lake Orta

I am getting married on Lake Orta next April and have booked L'Ustaria for the reception. Can anyone share any advice or tips on L'Ustaria?