We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan cab price to airport

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Milan cab price to airport

We are staying at the Westin Palace in Milan. The hotel charges 160 euro for a private transfer from the hotel to the Malpensa airport. I found a company online that does it for 99 euro.

What does a regular taxi cost? Any ideas? We are travelling on a Sunday morning if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan cab price to airport

Theres a flat rate of 90 euros

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan cab price to airport

Wow - your hotel is really upping the price - even though hotels often charge more, that is one big add-on. Awful.

I have always found the taxis just fine; get it from the official taxi rank - don't accept rides from people who approach you and ask if you need a taxi - at the rank, you will get the next taxi in line.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan cab price to airport

Just get in a taxi from the airport, it's 90Euros flat rate so no need to book in advance.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan cab price to airport

I was looking to go from the city to the airport, but I'm guessing it is the same rate. I see that there is the bus, but not sure how much luggage we will have and if it is feasible for us to schlep our luggage...

Thanks for all the great answers! I know I won't be going with the car service from the Westin :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,143 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan cab price to airport

Last time I used a taxi for this route, my hotel called a regular taxi for me and I paid the flat fare to Malpensa. You might tell your hotel you are aware of the flat fare and would like a regular taxi vs a private car service.

If they are decent at all, they will simply call a taxi for you either the night before or in the morning of your departure.

6. Re: Milan cab price to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:46