We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa to Stresa - train or bus timing queries

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
730 posts
180 reviews
Malpensa to Stresa - train or bus timing queries

Hi, thanks to T/A helpful folk I've discovered we can use the Alibus from Malpensa to Stresa or can take a taxi to Gallarate and then the train. The bus is easy to book on return as arrives nearly 2 hours before our return flight (A Saturday 14.20 flight) which hopefully with hand luggage should be ok?? However, we land at 7.15pm and the Alibus is at 9pm so could get a 8pm or 8.30pm train. However, if the flight's late and we missed the train we'd have to wait until 10pm but there's an Alibus at 9pm. Is it worth booking the bus as an alternative, although I realise it's not really fair, it's just a shame you can't turn up and get on it. Thanks for any advice.

1 reply
Bristol
Level Contributor
175 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Malpensa to Stresa - train or bus timing queries

You do not pay on the Alibus until you get on. You are right to say it is not really fair to book the Alibus and not turn up. BUT I have used the Alibus numerous times, they do not wait for “no shows” and I have seldom seen the Alibus full.

I haven’t used the Alibus this year, but assume they haven’t changed the procedures.

Reply to: Malpensa to Stresa - train or bus timing queries
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted