We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late May in Como?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
122 reviews
Weather in late May in Como?

I'm going to Lake Como at the end of May and I can't seem to find the weather - in English, anyway, for the Como/Varenna area. Please help!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
152 reviews
1. Re: Weather in late May in Como?

Absolutely delightful. Warm days and cooler nights!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
122 reviews
2. Re: Weather in late May in Como?

Yay! Thank you! I needed to hear this.

Ontario
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Weather in late May in Como?

Does anyone know how is the weather for Varenna and the Lake Como area in early October?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
4. Re: Weather in late May in Como?

Hi

I stayed in Menaggio across from Varenna ( 15 mins by ferry) last October for 5 days and the weather was good. Not extremely warm and we wore long sleeve tops and carried a warm jacket. I must say that the morning had a type of light mist over the scenery and it cleared and arrived back later in the day. It didn't impair we two girls from falling in love with this area of Italy.

see my review of Lake Como with photos.

Menaggio also has a bus going into Lugano in Switzerland for an hour's drive. This is a nice drive and also a nice large town on Lake Lugano. We did a day trip more or less to there as well. There is a boat which goes along the lake there which takes you to a finicular that goes up to Mt Bre which has a lookout and restaurant and a small village of Bre. The town also has a department store call Manor which may be of interest. Most people in Lugano also speak Italian.

Niec

5. Re: Weather in late May in Como?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 15:52