We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

Palos Verdes...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

I will be traveling with my husband in July. We land at Malpensa airport at 4:15pm and we have reservations in a hotel in Varenna. Any recommendations for a private transfer? Other ways to get to the hotel?

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,850 posts
1. Re: Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

By train, times from Malpensa Aeroporto T1 to Varenna-Esino train station at http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en . You can buy tickets at the airport train station - validate before boarding. If you buy online, your ticket is prevalidated and therefore OK for the train purchased and for departures from the airport train station within the following three hours.

Palos Verdes...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

Thank you for your response.

I'm wondering if there is a car service that you know of.

Thank you again.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,850 posts
3. Re: Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

http://www.flytolake.com/index.php/en/ do direct bus transfers and also offer a more personalised service.

There will be lots of car transfer services who will do this run, but I have no personal knowledge of them. Google <Transfer Malpensa Varenna> to compare options, which will probably start at around €200.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 22:47
Palos Verdes...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

Thank you!

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
471 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

We are traveling this September and I just booked FlyToLake based on this thread. Cheaper than other car services I had looked into! Thank you for the info!

Edited: 13 June 2018, 05:54
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
137 reviews
6. Re: Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna

I have tried to understand the Flyto Lake website but its a little confusing! I don't think they go to Varenna, which is a pity - but please anyone, let me know if you have found otherwise? Thankyou

Reply to: Transfer from Malpensa Airport to Varenna
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Varenna
Recent Conversations