We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dinner

Hello, my husband and I will be staying in Bellagio for 3 nights in mid-May (arriving mid afternoon on first day). I've been doing some research on dinner options and nothing is catching my eye. Can you go to other towns across the lake for dinner or does the ferry service stop before dark? Specifically, I'm looking for mid-range, delicious dinners...all of the sit down restaurants in Bellagio seem to be rather expensive, as to be expected. Thank you!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner

Yes, the ferries do stop running relatively early.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner

The car ferries over to Cadenabbia run until late in the evenings but I'm not sure there's anywhere decent to eat in Cadenabbia..

Besides, by the time you've paid for two return boat tickets, you might not actually save any money...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner

I am not sure if you consider this expensive but there is an island on Lake Como called Isola Comacina. It has a family run restaurant Locanda Dell'isola Comacina. From what I can gather it is fairly special and might be worth the money. Around 70 Euro with drinks. The view is spectacular apparently. The local ferry takes you there. I have booked for our trip in October. Highly recommended by a good friend. Might be worth a look.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner

Is this for lunch or dinner, twin068? If dinner, then the public ferries won't be running after you've finished your meal. I think that the only way back to Bellagio at that time would be by private water taxi.

Macklwash, generally speaking, the further you go from the lake, the less expensive the restaurants become - not always the case, of course. I like Pizzeria La Grotta on Salita Cernaia, it's cheaper than most places and although it's a pizzeria, it serves other food as well. Have a look at the reviews and see what you think.

5. Re: Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2017, 11:47