We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

I will be in Bellagio with my family this June for 1 week and am trying to decide if I should get a rental car or not? One option is to take a car service to and from MXP and not bother with a rental car. This seems the most stress free option, but will I regret not having a car while in Bellagio for the week?

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

Hi,

We are staying in Menaggio just across the water and are not hiring a car. The ferry service is extensive in the mid part of the lake whilst there is also decent bus services.

Having stayed on Lake Garda last year and used buses and ferries to get around we recommend this option as its stress free and a nice way to enjoy the beautiful views.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

You do not need a car when staying in Bellagio. Take a close look at the map. Bellagio is on a peninsula, to get anywhere, you will have to drive a distance or take the ferry. Parking is problematice in many of the small towns along the lake. It is just as easy to travel by ferry and then walk to the sights you want to visit.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

I think that a car would be more of a nuisance than an asset in Bellagio, unless you're staying somewhere like the Hotel Belvedere, where they have on-site parking. Bellagio is very well served by both the mid-lake shuttle ferry and the one which goes the length of the lake.

Also, if you've just come off a long haul flight (I don't know whether or not that is the case), the last thing you'll feel like undertaking is that tortuous lakeside drive - and the driver would not have the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful scenery.

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

Thank you for the advice. I will not rent a car. Looking forward to a great trip!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

Do you need to stay in Bellagio? There are much nicer places. Bellagio is full of loud, "bus type" Americans. You know the look, sneakers, fanny packs and baseball hats. They are loud and obnoxious.

6. Re: A week in Bellagio - Do I need a rental car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2017, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Bellagio