We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toll Roads around Como

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
441 reviews
Toll Roads around Como

I have read that toll roads in this area do not operate with tickets and pay booths as I have experienced in Italy on previous travels.

I have found a website which may allow me to link the registration number of the rental car with my credit card so payments are billed automatically.

My problem is that the instructions for doing this are in Italian (quite reasonable, and I can use google translate if needed) but of course I won't know the number of the rental car until I collect it.

Is there another way of paying, or is there an office I can visit to sort it out?

2 replies to this topic
Turin
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
1 review
1. Re: Toll Roads around Como

What website? The offical one is partially translated in English and French.

Incidentally, it's not the whole area, it's just the free-flow system used on the new Pedemontana motorway (better known as A36). The system works this way:

1. you travel on the A36

2. within 15 days you register here: https://apl.pedemontana.com/paga-il-pedaggio

3. you put your plate number and pay on-line.

If you register in advance, you'll be able to immediately check on the Pedemontana app if there are unpaid tolls linked to the rental car you'll be given.

Any other way of paying seems a pointless aggravation, at least to me.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
441 reviews
2. Re: Toll Roads around Como

Thank you for the advice, I've managed to register with the website and will add the registration number of the rental car as soon as I can, does it matter if I do this after my first trip on the toll road.

Reply to: Toll Roads around Como
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted