We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out in portofino

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
eating out in portofino

visiting Portofino 2nd week in June for 4 days - can someone recommend a few restaurants in the village or in nearby Santa Margarita please. We will have a car.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out in portofino

I can recommend one in Camogli which is also nearby. It has a fabulous view.....La Rosa is the name of it. We loved Camogli....beautiful and no tourists. You can easily take the train or a boat. The harbor is beautiful!

Dubai
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out in portofino

Splendido Mare is very nice. It is in the hotel in the harbour by the same name. Very good food my wife had a tortelloni with a walnut sauce fantastic. We were there only one night and we really enjoyed the restaurant. We sat outside and enjoyed our meal thoroughly. Portofino is a very small town. One other thing you must do if you are fit enough is to visit the castle on the top of the cliff overlooking the bay and harbour. The view is spectacular.

world
Level Contributor
267 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out in portofino

Restuarant Puny right on the front is excellent - apparantly even the Italian prime minister eats here!

I suggest you book in advance as it gets very busy and booked up. They are not open every day but can't remember which day they are closed.

We had an excellent reasonably priced meal. The fish was the best I'd ever had and expertly filleted in front of me in seconds. The service is friendly and unhurried.

There are other restatuants along the front too, most do excellent fish and seafood.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out in portofino

Many excellent restaurants in the area in SML we always go to Skipper on the quayside and a trip up the hills to la Stalla which has breathtaking views over the area

In Portofino Delfino doesnt dissapoint and if you want to push the boat out the terrazza at the splendido is a world class location alternatively pizzeria el portico down near the piazza is as cheap and cheerful as you will get in Portofino