We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach town near Genoa?

Okinawa City, Japan
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Best beach town near Genoa?

We will be coming to Genoa in June and would like to stay one night outside the city in a smaller beach/coastal town (within an hour drive). What is everyone's favorite? Thank you!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,014 posts
1. Re: Best beach town near Genoa?

For a beach town to the east, try Sestri Levante. To the west, nice places start at the tiny town of Noli, and larger places include Finale Ligure and the fashionable Alassio.

Sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Best beach town near Genoa?

Santa Margherita or Rapallo would be my choice.

Cardiff
3 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Best beach town near Genoa?

Finale Ligure, Varigotti, Noli, Spotorno is a lovely stretch of the coast just past Savona. Bergeggi used to have the best beaches, but they have gone a bit with expansion of ferry from Porto Vado to Corsica.

Varigotti is my favourite beaches of all - reminds me of a Greek Island, and sea is immaculate. Small place though. Noli was an ancient republic, and is a fantastic place, with hardly any tourists. Finale Ligure is the biggest of the places, and also has a medieval walled city called Finalborgo about a mile away which has lots of nice restaurants - also my favourite restaurant of all time nearby - Bastian Contrario. Sportono is lovely too. Either way, all good.

4. Re: Best beach town near Genoa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 10:45