We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat and drink

Blackpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
21 reviews
Places to eat and drink

Hi

Please could anyone recommend good (local) places to eat and drink

I am sure we can just wander around the old town and will come across lots of places but sometimes we like to hear of recommendations too

Thanks

We are staying near the station and old town

4 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
1,027 reviews
1. Re: Places to eat and drink

Hi! I have experienced this pleasant restaurant into the old town, some time ago (not far from "Genova Piazza Principe" station):

https://www.tripadvisor.it/Restaurant_Review…

I understand that when you write "station" you mean "Genova Piazza Principe".

Be aware in this case that there is another main station in Genoa, ie "Genova Brignole", in the new city, towards the east end.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,022 posts
2. Re: Places to eat and drink

Almost everywhere in Genoa relies on local people - there are too few tourists.

If you mean Piazza Principe train station, I've not eaten around there. Except in the restaurant attached to Galata Museo del Mare which probably does rely to some extent on tourists. The food there is acceptable rather than special, but if it's warm enough to sit on their balcony, the position is excellent.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
731 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Places to eat and drink

Can’t say we came across any great restaurants during our time in Genoa, though none were especially bad.

For drink if you like craft beer seek out Kamun Lab, best bar and range of beers we found.

Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Places to eat and drink

Try Cavour 21. We walked to it from our hotel right near the station. It was great fun and had delicious pesto (try the pesto lasagne). Full of locals. Get there before it opens at 7 pm. There will likely be a line and things move fast once the doors open but the staff fire everyone into seats super quickly and you will likely get a table. Prices are extremely reasonable.

Reply to: Places to eat and drink
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted