We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Cinque Terre

Morwell, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Travel to Cinque Terre

We will be on a cruise next June and to avoid expensive shore tours I would like to plan my own day. Definately would like to go to Cinque Terre we arrive 7am and depart 9pm. There are 6 of us! Should we hire a car (which is expensive too) or what?? Any suggestion appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
33,132 posts
1. Re: Travel to Cinque Terre

Train fares from Genova Piazza Principe to Monterosso start at €9.50 per person each way, though the more expensive Intercity at 9.47 for €11 would be a better outward option. For all times and fares to and from Monterosso and the other four Cinque Terre villages, see http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en Use a current date for your research, as next year is not yet available.

Edited: 22 September 2018, 05:43
Limassol
Level Contributor
99 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Travel to Cinque Terre

Walk to Piazza Principe Station and take a train. Prices and trip duration varies from 9.50 euro to 15.50 euro and from 1h.18 minutes to 2h.09 minutes depending on which train is running on your desired departure time.

Download trenitapp which is very useful for departure times, connections, possible routes and departure platform numbers.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33,924 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Travel to Cinque Terre

www.incinqueterre.com

Rochester, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
306 reviews
4. Re: Travel to Cinque Terre

Once you get to Cinque Terre the trains are inexpensive and frequent. If you plan to hike make sure to check trail closures here: …eu.com/en/cinque-terre-current-situation and also ask at the tourist offices. If I had one day I would make sure I saw Vernazza and might do the trail from Vernazza to Corniglia to Manarola. See my tips and our experience here: https:/…

Reply to: Travel to Cinque Terre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted