We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contributions for flood relief

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Contributions for flood relief

Does anyone have information on a site where we can make a contribution to the cities of Cinque Terre? They have provided us so much joy that it's the least we can do to pay a little back.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Contributions for flood relief

Myself and other expat women from Vernazza are working to set up an account for donations directly to the town of Vernazza. We hope to have the information soon and will post to TA immediately thereafter.

You can follow updates on Vernazza at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187822-i1121-k490…

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
387 posts
141 reviews
2. Re: Contributions for flood relief

Corriere della Sera, one of the most important Italian newspaper, is organizing a contribution

corriere.it/cronache/11_ottobre_26/raccolta-…

I'm sorry, the article in is Italian, but you can find there a number (IT 80 O 03069 05061 100000000567 ) which indicates the bank account used for the donations

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
89 reviews
3. Re: Contributions for flood relief

I will get the information for one here in Monterosso. @mich915, how are you guys holding up? We say a little on the news today, but haven't heard much else.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Contributions for flood relief

I can confirm that loveantw is correct, this is a link to the red cross italian donations bank routing number, but I don't know if your donation will go to general funds or specifically here. @mich915, sorry just saw your vernazza thread.

corriere.it/cronache/11_ottobre_26/raccolta-…

Dunwoody, Georgia...
3 posts
5. Re: Contributions for flood relief

My daughter & I were just in Monterosso in May. I would like to send a donation to help with the relief effort there.

S Coker

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Contributions for flood relief

Stacey, we are working on setting something up easier then using the bank routing number - for now, you can donate online through the italian red cross

cri.it/flex/FixedPages/IT/Donazioni.php/L/IT

just make sure you choose emergenza liguria toscana, it will go to all affected by the disaster

Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,730 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Contributions for flood relief

Here is the fund set up jointly by a leading Italian newspaper (Corriere della Sera) and the TV station La 7 to the following account, IBAN (international bank account number):

IT 80 O 03069 05061 100000000567

Note that the fifth character is the letter "O", not a number.

This is an account at Banca Intesa San Paolo. The purposes of the transfer should be indicated as << Un Aiuto subito: Alluvione Levante Ligure >>

It's not terribly difficult to transfer funds from the US. I do it often. You may even be able to do it online.

Level Contributor
950 posts
8. Re: Contributions for flood relief

Here is an update with photos taken by a Texas expat living in the Ligurian mountains. She provides info re a bank account set up by the town for donations.

http://www.littleparadiso.com/

Liguria, Italy
Level Contributor
752 posts
1 review
9. Re: Contributions for flood relief

Americans can donate directly to the Italian Red Cross. Use the drop-down menu to earmark donations specifically for Liguria and Tuscany

cri.it/flex/FixedPages/EN/Donazioni.php/L/EN

cm28,

Do you have any thoughts about donating to the Italian Red Cross? Sometimes people hesitate donating to a big national operation because they think more specific, local organizations might be better for targeting the aid, so I am wondering what you are seeing on the ground.

Best wishes to you and everyone in that area. I am up the road near Genova and therefore am able to donate directly, but obviously lots of Americans are looking for the best and simplest way to help.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
89 reviews
10. Re: Contributions for flood relief

@happy on the river - That's exactly what I think. The area hit was large - though Monterosso and Vernazza are publicized more, there are lots of places that the money will be spread to. Donating directly to the comune in Monterosso or Vernazza is a better option, and we are trying to figure out an easier way for Americans, Australians and others to do so without the Iban #, for example, through pay pal. We want to make this, obviously, as easy as possible.

Thank you so much for all your warm wishes. It's not easy, but it's getting done. piano, piano

Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare