We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area for short visit

Green Point...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Best area for short visit

We are staying in Sant'Marguarita with the intension of visiting the five villages in cinque terre. We thought one day in Sant'Marguarita and two days visiting cinque terre. I have just found out it is approx one and a half hours by train to cinque terre so not sure if we should only make it one day in cinque terre?

2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,621 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Best area for short visit

Only you can decide that, as it depends on your interests and priorities. For me, it would depend on the time of year, as I would not want to even visit the Cinque Terre in high summer.

Incidentally, I think you will be staying in Santa Margherita Ligure. It helps with searches and travel info if you get the name right.

Israel
Level Contributor
185 posts
209 reviews
2. Re: Best area for short visit

Definately got to Cinque Terre. It is an absolute gem and if you get there early, you can do a hike or too.

If you don't feel like hiking, you can visit Portovenere by boat (and see CT from the sea). Check out my blog time4travel4less for ideas. BTW, we stayed in Levanto which is right next to CT. Highly recommend.

Reply to: Best area for short visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare