We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train timetable -- from La Spezia to Cinque Terre villages

San Diego...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
train timetable -- from La Spezia to Cinque Terre villages

Can I believe this timetable: http://5terre.itgo.com/timetab.htm

Are there any better links?

1) We are coming Saturday late night to La Spezia and would like to goto Vernazza. Would like to know the latest train from La Spezia?

2) Also, we are going to catch an early train from Vernazza to La Spezia on Tuesday? What are train timings in the morning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train timetable -- from La Spezia to Cinque Terre villages

That schedule is dated 2004. The schedule has changed twice a year since then.

For current schedules, look at www.trenitalia.com

The last train from La Spezia to Vernazza is at 12:50 am.

Edited: 17 July 2010, 00:22
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train timetable -- from La Spezia to Cinque Terre villages

When using the trenitalia website for journeys to and from Vernazza, look up the journey you actually want to take. Don't assume you have to change trains at la Spezia. www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html

San Diego...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: train timetable -- from La Spezia to Cinque Terre villages

ok. thanks guys. Since the tickets are not available for purchase, I believe I will have to buy them there. Correct?

Would I have to worry about full trains. Or, I should have no problems getting a seat.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,136 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: train timetable -- from La Spezia to Cinque Terre villages

If you are looking at Regional trains which are NA for purchase online until seven days before departure, these trains have no reservable seats so you can board the train however full it is.

5. Re: train timetable -- from La Spezia to Cinque Terre villages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 14:00