We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help understanding train-to-bus switch in Trieste

Atlanta, GA, USA
Level Contributor
380 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Help understanding train-to-bus switch in Trieste

Hi! My friends and I will be journeying from Venice down to Rovinj in mid-October, and I was wondering if someone could help me make sure I understand all the logistics correctly. I'd hate to have misread something and then have us miss an important connection.

If I am to understand this website correctly, the earliest bus down to Rovinj from Trieste leaves at 2:30 in the afternoon (14:30)?

www.autostazionetrieste.it/index.php…

Which Trieste train station should we arrive at to be closest to the buses? Trieste Centrale or a different one? How long will it take us to get from the train to the bus? I assume we just buy the tickets when we arrive in Trieste?

I'm trying to figure out when we need to leave Venice, which train, and make sure I'm getting the earliest bus to Rovinj. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help understanding train-to-bus switch in Trieste

There is but one main train station in Trieste. The bus station is just accross the street.

Atlanta, GA, USA
Level Contributor
380 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help understanding train-to-bus switch in Trieste

Thanks @Tutman. The Trenitalia site listed two, so I wasn't sure (Centrale and Campo Marzio Loco). Do you know if there are any earlier buses to Rovinj than the 14:30 one?

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
853 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help understanding train-to-bus switch in Trieste

Trieste Centrale

Atlanta, GA, USA
Level Contributor
380 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help understanding train-to-bus switch in Trieste

As an update, there's currently only one bus to Rovinj a day from Trieste, at 4:15ish.

5. Re: Help understanding train-to-bus switch in Trieste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 15:46