We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna high speed train to Milan

Duluth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Bologna high speed train to Milan

My plan was to purchase most of my train tickets before heading off to Europe. However, on raileurope.com it is not possible to print-at-home train tickets.

That means I'll pay an extra $18 to have them mailed which sort of negates the cost-saving plan I was operating under.

So, with that in mind, how crowded do the high speed trains get from Bologna to Milan?

Is it reasonable to assume that I can wait until we get to Bologna to purchase our tickets to Milan for the Friday 9:35am train? Will the price be much higher than the $57 per ticket listed now?

We bought as we went during our last trip to Italy two years ago and it wasn't a problem.

Thanks in advance for all your input.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,531 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bologna high speed train to Milan

You should use the Italian train system's website for booking trains on line:

www.trenitalia.com You will have something to print out that you take on the train and give to the conductor - the PNR number.

You may find a "mini" fare for your trip but remember that they are not always available for every train. Read the restrictions for the "mini" fare at the website; so, you know what the restrictions are for it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,569 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bologna high speed train to Milan

The standard price for a Frecce ticket from Bologna to Milan is €42 ($55 US). This is the price you will pay if you buy in Bologna.

If you book with Trenitalia, you may be able to buy an inflexible advance purchase Mini fare. See www.lefrecce.it and look for trains from Bologna to Milano.

3. Re: Bologna high speed train to Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:10