We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transportation in and around Bologna.

London, Canada
2 posts
Public Transportation in and around Bologna.

Hi,

Many Thanks for your anticipated help. My wife and I are planning a 2 week stay in Bologna during May 2018. We chose Bologna because of the many interesting places that are situated nearby. We would plan to see a great deal of Bologna but also visit such places as Verona, Florence, Pisa, Modena and perhaps more. We do not intend to drive and are therefore interested in Bus and Train possibilities especially if a weekly ticket is on offer e.g. a number of trips can be made during a week for a specified price.

Best Wishes. David.

4 replies to this topic
Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Public Transportation in and around Bologna.

No, there isn't this kind of ticket. You can find on www.trenitalia.it website all details you need about the trains availability and costs. Bologna is an important Italian train hub, so you will find direct trains to any of the listed destinations.

London, Canada
2 posts
2. Re: Public Transportation in and around Bologna.

Well that was quick and precise. Thank you very much.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
667 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Public Transportation in and around Bologna.

David, As Vagabonda has already mentioned, Bologna really is a great base from which to visit other towns and cities by train. Italian rail services are cheap and efficient. You might wish to have a look at Ferrara, Padova, Ravenna and Mantova. You really are spoilt for choice. Enjoy!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
667 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Public Transportation in and around Bologna.

Turambar. My apologies for mistakenly referring to Vagabonda in my post above. Sorry! (I must say how much we enjoyed a visit to Vignola when we stayed in nearby Castelvetro di Modena in 2016.)

Reply to: Public Transportation in and around Bologna.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted