We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pesaro or Rimini on July?

5 posts
Pesaro or Rimini on July?

Which of those two is better for a summer vacation? Beaches? Culture? Connections to other cities such as San Marino?

6 replies to this topic
Hyannis...
3 posts
1. Re: Pesaro or Rimini on July?

train schedule from Florence to Pesaro

Hyannis...
3 posts
2. Re: Pesaro or Rimini on July?

yes

Hyannis...
3 posts
3. Re: Pesaro or Rimini on July?

train schedule from Florence to Pesaro

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
4. Re: Pesaro or Rimini on July?

Hi, I 've just come back from pesaro and my experience has been nothing less of disappointing. I mean the place is ok just like any other italian city. But the people in the service industry are rude and grumpy and they cut no slack to the tourist. So if you want to go to restaurants and bars and organised beaches then prepare yourself to experience snobbism and indifference from the locals. I've been told Rimini is different.....then again I haven't been there.

CA
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Pesaro or Rimini on July?

I totally disagree with #4.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Pesaro or Rimini on July?

I got back from Pesaro yesterday and I think I understand where the poster might be coming from. If you holiday in Italy you have to adapt to their pace of life, service is rarely fast and sometimes inefficient. You just need some locals known to the restaurant owner or staff to turn up at the same time and you're done. This happened to me on the first night - where the locals had their starter even before I got the menu and I arrived before them.

After waiting a further 10 mins from getting the menu I cut my losses and went elsewhere. Having said that I experienced a lot of friendly service elsewhere and though I try to get by in Italian which I can understand better than I speak many were happy to speak the English they knew. If you smile and say please and thank you it makes a huge difference as it does anywhere. My other gripe with hotels is they rarely offer information you have to ask it even basic stuff. Thank god for the internet where we can find out so much ourselves.

Pesaro is worth a few days visit unless you'e there for the Rossini Festival. Be aware that if you're not in a hotel which has its own beach space you're going to have to pay for access often to sit on very old uncomfortable sun beds.

Reply to: Pesaro or Rimini on July?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pesaro