We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome is booked for June!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
171 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Rome is booked for June!

Having a tough time finding two rooms (five people) for the second week of June, at least among all the favorite places people seem to have rated highly on TripAdvisor. Everything is booked solid! What are the next best sites for finding rooms- venere.com? Others?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,814 Reviews
from US$ 73.70*
Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
28 Reviews
from US$ 373.80*
US$ 534.00
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,008 Reviews
from US$ 58.30*
USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome is booked for June!

Have you contacted the hotels directly rather than using a booking agent??

England
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome is booked for June!

Have you tried Sleep in Italy.com - perhaps an apartment rental would be ok.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,816 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome is booked for June!

Look at www.romeby.com

DLM
Meford,Oregon
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome is booked for June!

Try Hotel Sonya or Hotel Morgana. They have family suites are reasonbly priced and in walking distance to everything.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sonya
Hotel Sonya
1,611 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Hotel Morgana
Hotel Morgana
1,612 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Windsor Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome is booked for June!

I am a travel agent and there is many hotels available

NY
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome is booked for June!

I found an apartment in the area of the Navona distict on Venere.com. www.casanavona.it. We booked for June. The reviews were very good.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Navona
Hotel Navona
1,212 Reviews
Rome, Italy
New York, NY
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome is booked for June!

I definitely recommend e-mailing each hotel directly if you haven't already done that. When I tried the QuickCheck for room rates on this site many hotels I was looking at came up as having no rooms available. When I e-mailed the same hotels directly they did still have rooms. Also, sometimes you will actually get a better rate going through the hotel directly. I am going the first week in June and just booked rooms about two weeks ago.

Kempton, Aus
Level Contributor
130 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome is booked for June!

I agree with Jerryott about romeby.com. Having booked my accommodation 4 mths ago, I had to find another night in Rome to a slight change of plan. I went to this site and there are heaps of places. Have a look and then see if there are some comments on the hotel reviews. I am staying in a 2 star hotel not far from the Termini station. I figure I'll be out and about most of the time sightseeing and all I need is somewhere to sleep.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Salt Lake UT
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome is booked for June!

i agree with Vendigirl - try a travel agent. they can usually get the same rates that are on any hotel website and you usually only have to give a credit card to hold the room instead of paying for it in full up front.

rome
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome is booked for June!

Try : www.sleepingrome.com the best way for apartments, bed and breakfast and hotels in Rome. There is a girl called Vania, that help you in all your needs!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy