We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy in Late April - Early May....weather conditions?

Michigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Italy in Late April - Early May....weather conditions?

We just found flights to book for free with NW miles. It would be for 4/25 through 5/5.

We were orginally thinking of going the end of May / Early June but are tempted to jump on the opportunity for these free flights.

What is the weather like end of April / Early May and is there a noticeable difference if we were to wait one month?

Please help. :~)

Jenni

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
367 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy in Late April - Early May....weather conditions?

We were in Italy from 22 April through to 5 May this year and the weather ranged from warm to hot in Rome, Tuscany and Venice in fact we got sunburnt quite badly in Venice without realising it!

There was only one day in Siena when we had light rain for a few hours but nothing too major and quite a welcome relief at the time!

My impression and I'm certainly no expert is that the later you leave it not only the hotter it gets but the more crowded it gets and I know how busy it was last month so I can only imagine what its like now.

Go for it you will have a blast!

Michigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy in Late April - Early May....weather conditions?

That is good to hear! I know we are not going there to lay on a beach, but I don't want to go when it will be cold and rainy either. So sounds like it was perfect weather for you!!

3. Re: Italy in Late April - Early May....weather conditions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:49