We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

I'm meeting someone at Fiumicino who is arriving on an earlier flight, about 90 minutes before mine.

It will be around 10:00 in the morning.

Can you recommend a specific and comfortable meeting point where they can wait?

Thanks!

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

go to www.roninrome.com - a fantastic website about visting and navigating Rome and he has an excellent post on the Meeting Point in FCO. Essentially it is a large pole just to the left as you exit baggage claim.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

Engred,

Thanks for the reply!

It is a great website but I wouldn't ask someone to lean against that pole for an hour and a half and wait for me... That's why I was asking for a meeting point where it's possible to sit and wait.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

I thought Ron mentioned this in his entry, but right near the pole is a cafe where your traveling companion can have a beverage and wait ... which is where I am going to meet a traveling companion in a couple of weeks!

United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

You probably didn't go down far enough to read about the cafe next to the bookstore.

roninrome.com/%20transportation/where-to-mee…

TAB

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

Late night reading... Thanks again.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

I wouldn't take up a seat at a café for an hour and a half either. There are always people standing and waiting for a seat at these cafés. I would sit somewhere else until you see (from the monitors) that the flight has arrived and then go to the meeting point.

The last time I was at Fiumicino, there was an awful crowd waiting at the Meeting Point column. It would have been hard to find someone there.

There are two exit doors from the baggage claim area. What I usually do is tell the person I'm meeting to leave from the door to their far left, which will be the door on my far right as I face the exit doors. Then, after seeing that the flight has arrived, I start watching that door.

Hollywood, South...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

Are international an national arrival gates close to eachother.? I arrive from my connecting flight in Milan my son arrives international from Amsterdam ..where can we meet?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

They're pretty close together. I would decide based on who's supposed to arrive first, or who has the most luggage to haul around. There's a bar in the international arrivals terminal, and a column which is a designated meeting point, although it often has so many people crowded around it that it's not an ideal spot. I don't know the intra-europe arrivals Terminal; I don't think I've ever arrived there on an intra-europe or domestic flight except when I'm in transit.

9. Re: Meeting point at Fiumicino Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2013, 14:45