We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you were 16 and 18 in Rome.....

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
324 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
If you were 16 and 18 in Rome.....

And you were now 40 years old looking back. What would be the top 5 things you would have done or wish you would have done now that you are so much smarter? The things that would leave impact and impression.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: If you were 16 and 18 in Rome.....

I would have wanted to see the same things then that I do now. I think it depends a lot on the kid. As a general rule, I think kids would be interested in the Coloseum, the Cappuchin Crypts and the Catacombs.If you are planning a trip with kids, I would get a guidebook and let them give you their input.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you were 16 and 18 in Rome.....

I would have steered clear of the man I later married.

Not the wonderful man I'm married to now!

Edited: 09 May 2012, 22:41
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: If you were 16 and 18 in Rome.....

Oddly enough I was 16 in Rome (on a JCL tour), though I'm 58 now. Let's see...

I should have tried to be more adventurous in my dining choices.

I should have climbed to the top of the Pantheon like one of my archaeology professors did that same year (he was 16 at the time as well).

I should have snuck into the Forum at night instead of just looking at it from the street (we talked about it but chickened out)

I should have done ANYTHING necessary to come back sooner!

UK
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you were 16 and 18 in Rome.....

I was somewhat younger than 16 on my first trip to Rome and still bitterly regret not taking the school trip option to see "a painted ceiling" instead of heading off to a local market. I had to wait a further ten years before I finally saw the Sistine Chapel but this time I was with my husband so we still share that first time memory.

5. Re: If you were 16 and 18 in Rome.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:46