We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome - Campino - Terravision

Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rome - Campino - Terravision

Do not book on-line with Terravision. We had to queue for over an hour as other buses arrived and left half empty. All you need to do is arrive, find a bus ready to go and pay the driver. By the time we eventually got on the bus there was a queue at least 100m long. Once again, DO NOT PRE-BOOK WITH TERRAVISION........they should be renamed Terrorvision.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

I'm always amazed when I see the huge queue for Terravision at Ciampino, last week we arrived at 10.30am , bought the Sit Bus ticket, and was on our way to Rome by 11am.

I always used Terravison till i got wise, nothing wrong in the service, its just that everybody goes for them over Sit Bus

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
15 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

I remember having exactly the same experience as Derek M47 getting from Rome Fiumicino to Rome Termini. I had pre-booked with Terravision and the bus came about 1.5 hours late. The only reason I waited for so long was that it was my first visit to Rome and they kept telling me the bus would be "arriving shortly".

The funny thing was I had pre-booked a RETURN ticket, and on the morning of my departure day I came to the Terravision bus stop at Termini a few hours before my departure time and asked the Terravision representative whether she was sure the bus would arrive on time, and she said she was. Little did I know... It was sheer good luck that I came to the station with my bag about 25 minutes before my appointed departure time because the bus left 20 minutes before the schedule, and no other bus was expected for another 1hour 20 minutes!

Edited: 22 January 2012, 03:06
Hamburg, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

"A personal experience with TerraVision - the bus does not leave on time, so it is questionnable if you are able to catch your flight with them. If you ask why the bus is not leaving on time, but only 30 minutes later, the answer is: "we cannot make the bus fly", "are you stupid that you booked a bus 2,5 hrs before your flight" - both are quotes from the lovely lady behind the counter. We had to take a cab because with the half hour delay we probably would have missed our flight. First of all, I know that booking 3 hrs in advance is adviseable, but 2,5 hrs would have been easily enough (but an extra 30 mins delay was not an option anymore). On the other hand, I'd really love if the employee of a company that I am paying to would not call me stupid just because I asked for what I had paid for. Needless to say, they did not pay my money back, and when I wrote them about my complaints, they did not even answer. Long story short: anybody but TerraVision."

4. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 12:21
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

The bus stops in Via Marsala at the side of the Termini. At the airport there is long queues for the Terravision, take the SitBus Shuttle which stops right next to it, usually no queues, this also stops at Via Marsala

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

Terravision are not worth the risk. Pay the little amount extra and use a reputable company instead.

From my experience (and others i've read online) they have a habit of "losing" your bags from underneath the bus, then avoid you like the plague when you try to contact them about it.

We are still waiting 3 weeks later for some sort of contact back so we can make a claim.

Do not trust them.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

What would the terravision queue be like in February? around 9pm? or should i book with sita bus? i have already booked with terravision

8. Re: Rome - Campino - Terravision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 12:46