We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report collections are here

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report collections are here

For everyone's convenience and reading pleasure, please post links to all your trip reports (past, present, and future) here on this thread. If you also have pictures posted somewhere on the Net, include those links as well.

it's the next best thing when you can't be there !

enjoy :)

339 replies to this topic
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip report collections are here

Here's mine - 9/5-9/10/09

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k31050…

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,323 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip report collections are here

okay !

#1 (post 34 not 32) tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187895-i68-k68575…

#2 tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k20316…

#3 tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k26256…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip report collections are here

1. My Partner and I just came last week back from our trip to Rome, what a wonderfull time we had, it was a blast. I highly recomend the vatican gardens tour to whom ever would have some extra time in Rome, it's well worth it.

We spent the whole day at the Vatican; We got there before 9 am, walked the St. Peter's Square and everything outside, and then headed to the Vatican museum, our meeting time was 9.30 am; by 10 am we were already touring the Vatican grounds, we had a very short line outside to enter and once inside just went to the tour window and get the headset and wait for the guide. We got a wonderfull girl, Raphaella, we were her first tour in english, she did awesome. we walked for almost 2 hours inside the Vatican walls, we saw almost everything, what a beautiful place. before noon, we finished and Raphaella dropped us inside the vatican museum, we had a quick snack at the cafeteria and then headed to the Museum.

We had enough time to take the museum slowly, we saw almost every room and enjoyed the time there. After our break, the first room we went to see was the Pinacoteca, the paintings room, amazingly beautiful, and then we went all over the other rooms. The Raphaell Rooms are gorgeous. And after them we walked our way to the Sistine Chapel, and in between we found amazing rooms full of contempory art, we found a Van Gogh, a Picasso, a Dali and a Botero.

Finally we got to the Sistine Chapel, along the museum, pictures without flash are permited, but not at the Chapel. we didn't get the audiotour from the museum because we wanted to take the short cut the the Basilica, and if you have the audiotour you have to get back to the museum entrance and returned. We download the Sistin Chapel audiotour from www.ricksteves.com.

We found a bench against one of the walls and listened to the audiotour and got ready to fly enjoying every single detail of this amazing place. after a lomg time there we went out to the St. Peter's Basilica, we also had the audiotour from ricksteves. We also when to see the Pope'sTumbs downs stairs, we stopped by the late John Paul II. We returned to the ground and climbed the Dome (all the 520 steps, we didn't take the elevator, which by the way only skip you 200, you still have to climb the other 320, and those are not the easy ones, he he he.) The climb to the Dome it's well worth it every step, the views are amazing; if you are in good condition and not afraid of enclosed espaces (because the stairs), do it, you won't regreat it.

We went down to the ground and did our last round at the Square, and then we sat under the columnade and admire the beauty of this place. I'm not a religious person, I was raised catholic but i'm not longer one. but i do admire the beauty and peace you feel on this place. definitely recomended.

if you have any questions you can contact me and i'll be more than happy to answer it.

Teseo.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,958 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Trip report collections are here

Here is a list of my trip reports, my 1st visit to Rome was 2003, before I was a TA member, so its not documented.

MY 2nd ROME VISIT 2006

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k865…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k863…

MY 3rd ROME VISIT 2007

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k108…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k109…

MY 4th TRIP 2008

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k171…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k172…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k172…

My 5th trip to Rome 2009, is well documented on the "travelling scarves" thread

Jess

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trip report collections are here

My partner and I are in Rome this week and I'm trying to do a trip report each night. We rented an apartment for 10 nights and plan to spend the entire time just in Rome (last year did 15 nights in 4 cities and was tiring so wanted to try one city this year). We've been here 4 nights so far.

http://korstick.blogspot.com/

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Trip report collections are here

My recent very brief visit to bella Roma...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k32046…

Toscana
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Trip report collections are here

This is my trip Rome http://www.honeymoon-italy.com/ideas/rome/

18. Re: Trip report collections are here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 03:16

Dallas
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Trip report collections are here

Here is mine...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k28266…

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Trip report collections are here

Loved your report. Half way through I realized I had read it earlier when you first posted it, but continued to read it again anyway! Did you post your photos anywhere? I would love to see them. Grazie!

Reply to: Trip report collections are here
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted