We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private After-Hours Tour of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Private After-Hours Tour of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel

I have seen several posts concerning private after-hours tours of the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel and Raphael Rooms after hours. However, these posts seem to be several years old. I know there are some in October, but we will be there in May 2010. I contacted the Vatican via their website and they responded with a “send us another email in October” reply.

I know these tours are VERY expensive but I think it would be worth it. The last time I was in the Sistine Chapel, it was overrun by pushing, shoving, and talking tourists. It was not pleasant… I will be with my parents to this trip and do not want their experience to be marred by ugly tourists. Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private After-Hours Tour of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel

Making the reservation for an after-hour tour costs several 1000s euros....I would suggest to look for agencies that run it; in this way you'll be part of a very small group, and the cost much lower (around 300 euros per person).

I agree, it is worth it!!!

Ciao Daniela

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private After-Hours Tour of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel

There are reviews of after-hours tours for groups in the www.fodors.com and www.slowtalk.com forums.

The ones that I have seen have all been positive.

Orlando, Fl
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private After-Hours Tour of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel

Go to italywithus.biz. the after hours tour is 250euro/pp. Helen Bonham is going to be your contact. She is american and very friendly. Her email address is on the website.

NJ
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private After-Hours Tour of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel

We did the Sistine Chapel opening tour with easitalytours. We were picked up from our hotel at 7:30 taken to the Vatican were we met our tour guide. Our tour guide took us to the Sistine Chapel for what I would say roughly 30 minutes of uninterrupted time. We were able to view the Sistine Chapel without all the crowds and very little noise absolutely perfect tour! These sites tend to get very crowed very quickly and being able to see such an incredible site without all the crowds made for a terrific tour.

The tour is a bit pricey but far less then the prices we would have paid for an after-hours tour with our family and well worth the money.

Here's their contact information if you are interested further: www.easitalytours.com or you can email them at info@easitalytours.com

5. Re: Private After-Hours Tour of Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 12:47