We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

Houston, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

We are planning a trip to Rome in November and I was just curious if anyone knew the name of the Roman hotel the movie Only You (with Marissa Tomei & Robert Downey Jr.) was filmed in. Its looks like a nice little hotel with a lovely fountain in the courtyard...

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

I read in a guidebook that it was filmed at Le Sirenuse hotel.

Houston, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

Thanks! But that was their hotel in Pasitano

Houston, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

Houston, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

Whoops forgot to add that the scenes were filmed in Positano at Le Sirenuse hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Le Sirenuse Hotel
Le Sirenuse Hotel
1,039 Reviews
Positano, Italy
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

m_flores: I looked it up in and found this from another forum:

Jan Kubik, Piazzas and Pizzas says, "The Pensione Divino Amore in Rome is a figment of imaginative Hollywood trickery_the exteriors were shot outside the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization near the Piazza Venezia; the interiors were on a sound stage."

There were hotels that were mentioned in that thread... just look up the slow travel forums (or www.ask.com and ask the question).

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Piazza Venezia
Piazza Venezia
2,941 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

I'm planning a trip to Rome this May, and would also love to stay somewhere like the hotel in "Only You." Did you ever find a similar hotel? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

Holly wood often fakes what people come to beleive is true. In "Mr. Ripley" there is a scene where they are all sitting at an out door cafe and it is suppose to be at the bottom of the Spanish Steps. NOT. There is no real cafe in that location!

Some of us got in trouble saying that "Under The Tuscan Sun" was 90% Hollywood..people said they loved the film. That is fine but the film was almost all not true! Even the locations in that film were not where they were said to be.

Mentioned in this post
Spanish Steps
Spanish Steps
19,084 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

Hi, has anyone stayed at Hotel Panda in Rome. We are booked into a small double room in May for 4 nights but feel a bit nervous about it.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Panda
Hotel Panda
464 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rome Hotel in Movie Only You

I have never stayed in the hotel but I eat in Otello's on the same street. It is a tiny street...closed to cars. Don't get your hopes up..it isnt closed to motorcycles! It is a very crowded street with many people walking up and down and the motorcycles zooming by.

It is a great location!! Couldnt be better!

If possible request a room at the back! It is a small hotel.

Nice coffee bar directly across the street from Otello's...my husband often has his breakfast in this bar!

Do go to Otello's..it is a great place to eat.