We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido Di Ostia

Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
6 reviews
Lido Di Ostia

I am interested in spending a day at the beach. I know how to get the train, but am wondering which stop to get out at ? Is it far to walk to the beach ? Can I pay to enter one of the private beach sections ? and how much would it cost for 2 sunbeds and 1 umbrella for a day/half day ? Are there any public beach areas? Are they within walking distance of the train ? and if so whcih train stop ?

Many thanks for your help,

Peter

Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,737 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Lido Di Ostia

The stop is Ostia Lido. It's about a 10-minute walk to the beach. The public (free) beaches are to the south, but the same train stop. I don't know the cost of umbrella and chair rentals.

livininrome
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
2. Re: Lido Di Ostia

You can also get out at Stella Polare or Castel Fusano for the beaches, I don't know all the rates but for an umbrella and deckchair, plus entrance to the the private beach, costs about €25 I'm sure.

I actually live in Ostia, and I'm Irish too, so give me a shout when you're here if you like and we'll go for a Guinness in the local Irish pub!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Lido Di Ostia

Hi foodiepeter

If it's any help to you, I spent a lovely day at a beach this past Saturday - we got off at the S.Polare stop, walked maybe about 7 minutes straight up to the main road, crossed over & turned right. The beach is just past a bright green & orange bar/restaurant - & I'm sorry I don't know the name of it but it has a wooden lifeguard shack in the middle with a big 'Cuervo' sign on it.

I think a few of them along there charge to get in, around 5 euro, this one did not but we spent a few quid at the bar so I might have been slightly miffed if they did! But it was great - nice & hot, reggae music playing & ice cold beers, could have almost been the Caribbean :))

Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Lido Di Ostia

Hi guys,

Many thanks for your help. If I get to go there will be in touch.

Cheers Peter.

5. Re: Lido Di Ostia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 10:57