We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terravision bus?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Terravision bus?

Hello, has anybody had experience of terravision bus from ciampino airport to rome? will they still be running in January and do they run all hours? our flight back to the UK is at 10.30 so I imagine we will need an early bus. Would like some reassurance that it will show up - my experience of buses in the past has been disappointing!! Any views, opinions and experiences welcomed, thank you very much for your help.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Terravision bus?

also, can anyone tell me the best way to get from the station to our hotel which is close to the Pantheon? Is a bus best? If so, where do they depart and how much does it cost? Do you buy a ticket before boarding or when from the driver when you board? Apologies for all the questions!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Terravision bus?

if you read earlier down on the forum you will find that this serivce has very mixed reviews, its seem especially difficult to catch for the earlier flights due to the number of people and shortage of buses! have a read and then decide..

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terravision bus?

if you hop on the 175 bus at termini, and get off along the via del corso, (ask the driver the nearest stop for the Pantheon) you are then 5 mins walk away, just follow the sign...

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terravision bus?

Hi Derbyshire

As said there are many mixed views with the terravision buses so just bear this in mind if you are travelling with them. I have used them a few times and personally have never had a problem with them but some people have had bad experiences.

When we use them, we always take the earlier bus back to the airport - NOT the one that will coencide with our flight. That way, if anything does go wrong, we still have extra time to get to the airport. Its much better to be sitting at the airport waiting for your flight that at the bus stop waiting for the bus to leave - so that is one tip!!

The buses can get quite crowded I think mainly becuase people are not always aware there is another bus service from the airport and cost about the same. If you read back over the forum you will find details of it - if the times coencide with your flight you might want to consider using them instead of terravision?

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terravision bus?

My experience is similar to WorldwiseIreland - the main problem is not whether they will turn up but how long the queues are and if you will get on the first bus.

I continue to use them but as above do get the earlier bus than recommended.

Rome
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Terravision bus?

I have used the Terravision buses many times and I never had any problems. A little tip to pass before most of the queue, if you take your ticket online, you do not have to wait at the ticket booth and you will be able to board quicker.

7. Re: Terravision bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 06:50