We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner with music in Rome

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner with music in Rome

Hello all -

Several years ago I went to a lovely restaurant and they had opera singers entertaining the audience during dinner. It was so special - ok ...kind of touristy but still a great evening. I was with a Globus tour and don't know if it really caters to individuals or if it is still there - also, I have no idea where we were other than close to the Tiber!!!

Does any one know of a place like this??? Would love to treat my husband to a special evening such as this. Thank for any information you all can provide!!!

Donna

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner with music in Rome

Just to clarify my request - we don't want a bus tour of Rome by night with Music. Something other than the mass market..........

Anyone??????

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner with music in Rome

Well, this place offers a set menu with opera singers during dinner, and it's located on the Tiber:

TANAGRA Caffè Concerto

Lungotevere Flaminio, 57

00196 Rome

Tel. +39.06.3610097

This is the Web site:

http://www.tanagra.it/inizio.html

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner with music in Rome

Thank you Zerlina !!!

I will check it out right now, I appreciate your help!

Donna

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner with music in Rome

Hi,

try "Papa Rex" restaurant or "Quo Vadis" restaurant; they have what it's called 'canzone dinner'.

I'm not sure wether it's opera or traditional roman songs, anyway try to google them.

Laura

5. Re: Dinner with music in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 14:03