We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Park and Ride

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rome Park and Ride

Apologoies if this questions has already been answered but I can't find a definitive answer.

A group of 8 of us are staying near Sutri in August and we would like to travel to Rome for a couple of days. We have hired 2 cars to get us from the airport and to travel around, but I don't fancy driving into Rome. Train looks a good option but I'm not sure if we should drive to a station near Sutri (Capranica looks the closest) and then get the train into Rome or drive closer to Rome and do a Park and Ride. Rebibbia looks an option.

Any thoughts or comments or advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
61 Reviews
from US$ 375.80*
US$ 536.90
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,145 Reviews
from US$ 74.10*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,132 Reviews
from US$ 58.60*
7 replies to this topic
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Park and Ride

You can take the FL3 train from Capranica station to Roma Ostiense station (the ticket cost € 4.00 http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en), then underground line B to the city center (the ticket cost € 1.50).

Rome in August is not so busy, if you wanna drive into Rome I would choose the Villa Borghese Saba parking lot which is easily reachable and very close to the down town (the pedestrian exit is in Piazza di Spagna) https:/…roma-villa-borghese

Map of the underground and regional railways http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=4

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Park and Ride

Thanks Massimo - good advice.

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Park and Ride

After giving this some thought I think we will drive to one of the metro stations.

The one you have suggested looks pretty central and although I’m a confident driver I’m not keen on driving too much in central Rome. What other alternatives do you suggest?

I found a parking garage in S. Maria del Soccorso that can be booked online for 12 euros and wondered if that would be a good option.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome Park and Ride

I suggest the parking lot of Cinecittà on Via Tuscolana 1568 which is not far from the ring road and near Cinecittà underground station of line A to several spots in the centre of Rome such as Termini, Esquilino district, Piazza Barberini (Trevi fountain), Piazza di Spagna, Vatican.

The parking lot is open Sunday-Thursday from 5:15 to 00.15, Friday and Saturday from 5:15 to 02.15.

The cost is € 1.50 for 12 hours.

S.M. del Soccorso parking lot near the underground station has the same fee of the one above. Cinecittà parking is located in a better area.

Don't leave valuable items into the car such as luggage, sunglasses, camera, etc.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 01:19
UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome Park and Ride

Massimo,

How busy do the parking lots get? Will we have difficuly finding space for 2 cars? Is it possible to book?

Many Thanks

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome Park and Ride

Cinecittà parking lot is not busy and on the nearest Via Vincenzo Lamaro there is free parking also. In the same area there is also the parking lot of Cinecittà2 shopping mall.

It is not possible to book online, it is a park to whom that leave the car in order to take public transportation.

The one of S.M.Soccorso is very busy.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 20:21
London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome Park and Ride

Hello,

I have a similar question so thought I'd post on this thread if that's ok.

We're planning 2 day trips into Rome later this month and we were originally planning to get the train and then the metro, but the train times from where we are staying are not convenient so I thought that we could drive to a Metro station and park there. The two we were planning to park at are Battistini (to get to The Sistine Chapel) and Rebibbia (to get to the Coleseum). We are travelling with young children so are trying to keep this as simple as possible.

What i need to know is ;

Will we actually be able to find spaces at these car parks or are they full of commuters

Are they safe? I have read a few things that says they are not very secure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 22:24
Reply to: Rome Park and Ride
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted