We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vatican tickets issue

NYC
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
vatican tickets issue

I have been treying to buy tickets and have found out that the card has to be 3d secure code. One of my credit card issuer had not heard of that. Has this happened to anyone else? Thank You

6 replies to this topic
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,707 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: vatican tickets issue

Yes, it's been the protocol for about 6 months now. If you are using a visa card call your credit card company and have them connect you with the "verified by visa" rep. This is the only way to get the card to work. Mastercard has their own 3rd level protocol as well.

donna

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
2. Re: vatican tickets issue

Yes that seems to be the issue. I am trying to buy tickets to Borghese Gallery and ticketone rejects my credit card. I have written to their customer support about this. Will update once I hear back. I read on another discussion thread that Paypal works if you have trouble with credit card

Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: vatican tickets issue

I had that same problem when trying to buy my airline tickets. I had to call my credit card company and ask for the fraud department. After explaining the situation and confirming my identity, the rep stayed on the line with me while I re-entered everything to book my tickets. He watched for the transaction to come through and manually approved it. That same card also rejected when I tried booking a tour reservation using PayPal, but a different card worked just fine with PayPal.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,707 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: vatican tickets issue

Most European websites are now requiring the 3rd layer security. If you don't have it on your cards call your credit card company and ask to speak to the specific rep who can add this to your card.

Donna

Springfield...
Level Contributor
441 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: vatican tickets issue

Capital One does not do Verified by Visa so some other method of 3rd layer verification is necessary--possibly having them on the phone when using the card online as has been suggested above. I have not yet tried using mine to buy tickets, but this is the card I hope to be able to use since it does not have foreign transaction fees.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,707 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: vatican tickets issue

You can still use your card when you're in Italy it's just online purchases that are usually flagged.

Donna

Reply to: vatican tickets issue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted