We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Gaeta to Pompei

San Diego
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Day Trip from Gaeta to Pompei

Need some assistance please.

We will be on a cruise and will not have an opportunity to visit Pompei when we dock in Sorrento. So, i am hoping someone can tell me if its possible, and who i would contact, about doing a day trip to Pompei from Gaeta. We dock in Gaeta on Monday 10/10 at 8am...and leave port at 5pm.

We can do a tour, rent a car, whatever is the most effective way for us to accomplish this.

Thank you all in advance

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
18,336 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Day Trip from Gaeta to Pompei

A car service would certainly be the easiest route, although the most expensive.

Renting a car and driving yourself is certainly possible; it will be about two hours of driving in each direction.

San Diego
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Day Trip from Gaeta to Pompei

Is it an easy drive? Since we have never been there...not sure how the roads are or difficulty iof driving them!

TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Day Trip from Gaeta to Pompei

You can't make that trip in that short of time. It's at least 2 hours just to get to Pompeii.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Day Trip from Gaeta to Pompei

We are in Gaeta now spending a week because our last name is Gaeta.... it is awesome here. We are having a great time. Yesterday we drove to Pompeii . It was excellent. I was afraid to drive here but after 10 minutes I was driving like an Italian! Just use gps andbubstd good to go ... I screwed up a few times but gps fixes you up each time, It was over 2 hours to get there and then a lot of traffic to get in. We parked behind a restaurant as an attendant flagged us in. He told us if we eat there afterwards that pRking was free so we ate there .... it was amazing and not too expensive. Download the ap for Rick Stevens Pompei and avoid the tour guides. We saw many guides that charge about 15 a head over the 15$ entry fee.... not necessary .... we used the ap and was narrated to all the important sites. Also there is a book u ask for when u get in and that explains stuff too. We left after two hours ... that was plenty ... see one ruin seen em all. Consider a boat trip by Dino and his wife Simone www.oltemarecharter.com instead of Pompeii....he lets you off the boat to swim inside the grottoes .... this was the best thing I ever did in my life..,, amazing..,,

5. Re: Day Trip from Gaeta to Pompei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 19:49
Get answers to your questions about Gaeta