We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

Cranston, Rhode...
2 posts
Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

I am traveling with family (11 people) and want to know the best way to get from the airport in Rome upon arrival to our villa in Gaeta. We know about the train to Formia but not sure of how to book tickets or if its easier to get us all there another way. $10 - $20 per person would be great. We haven't looked into renting cars/vans yet but thought we would be too tired from traveling to drive.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
99,870 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

Train travel from FCO airport to Formia would cost €30.50 for most journeys, or €22.20 for the few journeys that can be done by local train all the way. See www.trenitalia.com

You could reduce the cost by €7 or more by taking a bus from FCO to Termini.

islamabad
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

I just booked a train for 3 of us...return trip from rome is 54 Euro . go onto the trenitalia website, somewhat of a pain at first but eventually it worked......so perhaps a van and driver may be the way to go. When are you going?

enjoy your trip.

Hope, ri
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

Why would you want to there with so many people? And Family too? Faget about it!

Cranston, Rhode...
2 posts
4. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

Tell me about it!

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

I often travel with large groups of people from Fiumicino to Gaeta. I've found it most convenient and cost-effective to book a large taxi. That way you and your luggage go from door to door without having to deal with trains. Massimo Tajani has a 16-person bus that I booked for 13 people in April. He offered excellent service and a decent price.

Rochester, New York
11 posts
6. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

What is the cost for a taxi. I'm traveling from FCO to Gaeta in July, 5 adults and 2 children?

TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
8 helpful votes
7. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

I paid 50 Euro fora taxi from ahotel in center of Rome to FCO so to get to Gaeta would be a lot.

8. Re: Transportation from Rome airport to villa in Gaeta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Gaeta