We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

USA
Level Contributor
559 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

Hi, guys.

I'll be arriving at Napoli Centrale and was initially planning on taking the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. Now I'm having second thoughts and considering the Curreri bus from the airport. Based on what I read so far, there was no advanced booking of this bus until a year or two ago, but now there is. I don't plan to book it beforehand, though, as I may change my mind or something else unforeseeable may happen. It's not expensive, but I may already have to waste one prebooked ticket and it adds up after all.

So, I was wondering if anybody has found the bus full recently due to prior reservations. I'm not going to count on the last bus for the day, but it'd be still unpleasant. I'd appreciate your input.

Mentioned in this post
Napoli Centrale
Napoli Centrale
170 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Capri and Blue Grotto Day Tour from...
201 Reviews
from US$ 186.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome to Naples and Pompeii Day Trip...
2,201 Reviews
from US$ 156.70*
Naples to Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day...
1,586 Reviews
from US$ 111.90*
Daily Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Tour...
214 Reviews
from US$ 105.70*
22 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

There is no valid reason to go to all that trouble. There is no danger on the Circumvesuviana train line to Sorrento. Take the precautions you should take in any busy train station in Europe. Keep your valuables tucked away well inside your clothing, and stay next to your luggage.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

If you're looking to avoid the Circumvesuviana, rather than waste time going out to the airport to wait for the next bus, consider taking the Campania express train. It only runs a few times a day so you may have to wait for the next one, but it probably won't be any longer than the time required to use the bus.

eavsrl.it/web/…campania-express-2016-0

Edited: 06 April 2016, 09:14
Mentioned in this post
Piano di Sorrento...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

hallo i live in Piano di Sorrento

sorry for my english

Curreri bus is the best choice

bus is full in June July August

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
USA
Level Contributor
559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

Hi, Sydneynick. I'm not easily scared, I have a secure bag, and I know how to take care of myself; however, the Garibaldi station and that train don't sound like anything I'd like to encounter. My purse supposedly has slash-proof strap, but I've obviously never tested it and even if it's in front of me, I won't have a free hand to hold on to it. Nobody recommends this train to a single person with baggage and a woman at that. I just don't need this stress for no reason... I might reconsider if I take a shoulder bag instead of a carry-on.

I'm also thinking of taking the train from Porta Nolana instead. Even though it's so close and connected to Napoli Centrale, I'd still take a cab to Porta Nolana after taking a look around. I'll decide on the spot after I get a feel of the place. Besides, cabbies usually don't like such short distances and that ride likely cost almost as much as getting to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Porta Nolana
Porta Nolana
22 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Napoli Centrale
Napoli Centrale
170 Reviews
Naples, Italy
USA
Level Contributor
559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

Thanks, Elstravels. Last I read about Campania, people were saying it was no longer available and nobody knew if the service would start again. I see it's available now, but I've already bought my train ticket from Florence to Naples and I'll miss this train.

Thanks, Antica. Yes, I'm going to Italy in June. That's why I was worried the Curreri bus may be full, unless pre-booked. Maybe I'll waste another 10 euros, just in case.;-) I actually started thinking more about the other options after I saw a post on the Sorrento forum about Circumvesuviana's strike, speaking of which... only the Universe knows if I'll make it to Naples when I believe I will...

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Antica
Antica
Naples, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

>>the Garibaldi station and that train don't sound like anything I'd like to encounter<<

I don't know what you have been reading, but it is alarmist nonsense. Many thousands of people use the Circumvesuviana's Garibaldi station every day without incident, including solo women. It is very unlikely that a traveller would be attacked in such a busy place: petty criminals do not want to attract attention.

I have been following the Naples forum since 2007, and there has not been one report from anyone about being attacked at Naples Centrale or Garibaldi.

USA
Level Contributor
559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

*I don't know what you have been reading, but it is alarmist nonsense.*

I've been reading numerous first-hand experiences and observations on various travel forums and comments below articles. Anyway, it wasn't my intention to discuss their merit; I didn't even include the issue in my original post. I only mentioned it because of your response.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,136 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

What time is your train expected into Napoli Centrale?

Mentioned in this post
Napoli Centrale
Napoli Centrale
170 Reviews
Naples, Italy
USA
Level Contributor
559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

At noon. I'll miss the Campania train by a little bit. Could've booked an earlier one, but I hadn't researched the train beforehand. It even sounded cute to me.;-)

On another thread I saw that the fixed rate to the airport doesn't mean much in reality and that there are some transfers for 70 euros, even though it usually costs 100. If I am to pay 35 for this detour, might as well do that. It's just that I don't want to book this part of the trip... Anything can happen. I think I might just go Porta Nolana. You can get a seat there and the station looks a lot more manageable. Besides, the characters in question don't expect many tourists to do that.

Mentioned in this post
Porta Nolana
Porta Nolana
22 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento

So, it is best to book online in advance of travel on the Curreri Viaggi bus to Sorrento from Naples airport? If you were to miss the bus can you use it on the next one? Thanks for any replies.

Mentioned in this post
Curreri Viaggi
Curreri Viaggi
25 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Reply to: Curreri Viaggi bus from Napoli airport to Sorrento
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted