We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri or Amalfi coast?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Capri or Amalfi coast?

Hi,

I have a total of 3 days to spend in Naples and nearby areas. I am thinking a day in Naples, a day in Pompeii/Herculeum, and a day in Capri or Amalfi coast.

Is this a good, feasible plan? Which one out of Capri and Amalfi coast is better? Which out of Pompeii and Herculeum is better?

Thanks.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

With only three days best with just one base. If you stayed in Sorrento you could visit Pompeii/Herculeum on one day and Capri another. Herculeum is more compact than Pompeii and it depends how much time you want to spend on sites like this.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

Yes, my base is Naples. I will be living in the city itself. And wanted to know which one out of Capri and Amalfi should I cover in a day trip?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

If you are staying in Naples not so easy to do a day trip to Amalfi Coast will require train to Sorrento bus to Amalfi. Capri is easier regular ferry from Naples. Again Pompeii /Herculeum are esasy by train from Naples. It rather seems you have made the choice yourself by choosing Naples as your base.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

Yes, actually I will come to Naples directly from Milan. And being a huge football fan, there are things of interest (San Paolo stadium) for me in the city itself. Are you suggesting that Sorrento is a better base to tour from?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

No it is a matter that if you really want to spend sometime on the Amalfi Coast Sorrento would be a better choice. If you had more than three days I would suggest you had two bases one of which could be Amalfi itself. However if you have particular interests in Naples it is best to use it as your base. Your chioce then for your two free days could be Pompeii, Capri, Sorrento or even Ischia. You are spoilt for choice !

Edited: 15 July 2012, 16:51
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

Haha, so it seems. Thanks so much my friend.

BTW, Anything particular in Sorrento and Ischia that isn't there in Capri?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

Read a good Guide book they are three entirely different places! It depends on your particular interests.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

Will do. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

9. Re: Capri or Amalfi coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 14:47