We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Italy

Aiea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
408 posts
112 reviews
Air Italy

I'm flying Air Italy from Napoli to Catania. The Air Italy site shows the maximum size of any item of baggage is 81 cm x 119 cm x 20 cm. The 20cm is pretty small (7.9 inches). Does anyone know whether this is correct and if so do they really enforce this size limitation?

The hand baggage is listed as 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. The 20cm for hand baggage makes more sense.

Gracie

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Air Italy

81 cm x 119 cm x 20 cm and 32kg is indeed what it says on their website - in both the English and Italian versions.... but I've a feeling that it may not be what they intended - we've books almost that thick!

Other airlines also start off from that same 81*119 measure, but go on rather differently.....

VivaAerobus will not accept baggage exceeding a weight of 32 kilograms (or 70 pounds) and/or a combined size dimensions of 81 cm x 119 cm x 119 cm (or 31 in. x 46 in. x 46 in.).

vivaaerobus.com/us/…baggage.htm

For health and safety reasons Ryanair does not accept for carriage any individual item exceeding 32 kilos or with combined dimensions of more than 81cms (height), 119cms (width) and 119cms (depth).

ryanair.com/en/…checked-baggage-allowance

Not quite the same!

Peter

Aiea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
408 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Air Italy

Gracie Peter,

It just does not make sense. Heck, my carry on bag is 22 cm (I'll be leaving it behind in Rome at my hotel). I'll see if my brother can ring the kind folks at Air Italy and check for me. I don't want to show up at the airport and then they won't accept the bag.

Aiea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
408 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Air Italy

I did receive a reply from customer care at Air Italy.

dims for checked bags are 81 cm x 119 cm x 20 cm but we are not restricted to this dims. If there is a baggage of 81x120x30 it is not a problem. The important is that you check-in a suitcase or similar and not a box, a wood case etc... The important is also the wight Kg 15.00. regards

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
38 posts
597 reviews
4. Re: Air Italy

Now they are saying only 15kg for checked luggage? Strange!

I am considering flying Air Italy in summer, but I am a tad worried, as I cannot find any reviews on them.

Aiea, Hawaii
Level Contributor
408 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: Air Italy

I had a good experience flying with Air Italy from Naples to Catania. The aircraft was older but still a jet and not a prop plane or regional jet. There was no issue with my rolling duffel bag. I was well under the 15kg. You can also take a carry-on.

6. Re: Air Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 10:48