We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacapri or Capri

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Anacapri or Capri

Staying 4 nites in Anacapri at Hotel Orsa Maggiore, ( as of now ) but am thinking perhaps Anacapri is too far away and we'd be spending alot of time going to and from hotel. Any opinions?

18 replies to this topic
Gloucester...
Level Contributor
319 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Anacapri or Capri

I personally would stay on Capri side of island. I like the activity there. If u want quiet Anacapri would be best.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Anacapri or Capri

You will spend more time in Capri town....i think...

3. Re: Anacapri or Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 November 2018, 10:46

Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
4. Re: Anacapri or Capri

I never stayed at either place. But we were there on a day trip this summer. If like the other contributors said Anacapri is cheaper. Which I think still have the best views. I stay at Anacapri, bus to Capri or other parts for Euro2. Or even hike. I agree, Capri has more to offer.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
5. Re: Anacapri or Capri

We loved the small town feel of Anacapri and found that there was plenty to do for the 3 days we were there.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
908 reviews
6. Re: Anacapri or Capri

If your first visit....Capri.

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,960 posts
244 reviews
7. Re: Anacapri or Capri

Daytime in Capri before the day trippers go home is overcrowded and noisey, but lovely at night. Anacapri during the day is much quieter and my favorite

8. Re: Anacapri or Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2018, 21:53

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Anacapri or Capri

The posters who know Capri well all seem to prefer the Capri side.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Anacapri or Capri

Difficult to say- Capri town is small, very attractive, lots of -expensive!-shops boutiques cafes, and you can walk to the lovely Gardens of Augustus in a few minutes, and take longer walks such as to the Villa Iovis. It does get busy though, mostly with daytrippers.

Anacapri is linked to Capri Towm by local buses, has a quieter feel to it, more locals live there ,and you are in the right place for Axel Munthe's Villa San Michele, in my view Capri's top attaction, its stunningly beautiful, and the chairlift to the top of Monte Solaro, the islands highest point offering wonderful views. It also has a lovely little church with a beautiful decorative floor.

Either place is very lovely for a holiday.

Reply to: Anacapri or Capri
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted