We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Beach and sights

8 posts
HELP! Beach and sights

Me and my partner are looking to visit Capri for around a week in August. We would like somewhere close to a nice beach but also close to the towns for historical sights, restaurants, bars etc. We won’t be hiring a car as neither of us would have been driving for a full year as we’ve not Long passed our test.

Can anyone recommend an area to stay? Even if we’re in the town close to everything but walking distance to the beach would be fine. Also is Capri a good place for us to go to look at the history/culture?

We’ve never been before so we need all the detail and help we can get. Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,940 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: HELP! Beach and sights

Hi,

What do you call a “nice beach”..

You realise there are no sandy beaches on Capri - only rocky ones?

8 posts
2. Re: HELP! Beach and sights

Yeah, by nice I mean nice waters! Not sandy, a beach with a lovely view etc.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,279 posts
3. Re: HELP! Beach and sights

Most of the island is pedestrian only so a car is unnecessary. You can use the buses for where there are the few roads.

Look over this website to see what is on the island. There are no “towns”really, just basically two small villages, one on the Anacapri side, the other on the other side with the tiny piazetta.

Www.capri.net

August will be super hot and super crowded.

You will likely need to have your hotel book space for you at a beach club which will get you a lounger and umbrella on the rocks from which you jump into the sea to swim.

Here is the beach club info. http://www.capri.net/en/search-result?search_query=Beach+clubs

Book your accommodations ASAP if you have not yet done so.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,646 posts
659 reviews
4. Re: HELP! Beach and sights

"Also is Capri a good place for us to go to look at the history/culture?"

www.capri.net/en/e/the-villas-of-tiberius

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
17 posts
151 reviews
5. Re: HELP! Beach and sights

Capri is not all that big so not sure if you need a week. There are not many beaches either from what I can see, I have just got back! I went on a boat trip and saw a couple of areas where there were small beaches but they were a fair way away from Capri town centre if I remember correctly. Not sure where you are coming from ??

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
17 posts
151 reviews
6. Re: HELP! Beach and sights

Not too much to see really, there are other places on the Amalfi coast which are far more interesting. If you take a few days in Sorrento there is quite a lot to see around and about and the ferry to Capri takes only half an hour and costs around 40 euros return. I don't know if there is enough site seeing in Capri for you. I know the Amalfi coast quite well and for me one at most two days would do it in Capri.

New York
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: HELP! Beach and sights

A week in Capri would be wonderful, but I personally would not choose August as the time to spend it there.

Reply to: HELP! Beach and sights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted