We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagni Tiberio or la fontelina?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
11 posts
67 reviews
Bagni Tiberio or la fontelina?

We are going to stay in positano and will do a day trip to Capri. A friend recommended bagni Tiberio and another one recommended la fontelina. Ideally we would love to get to Capri early and walk around, do some shopping. Then lunch at one of the restaurants and chill out / swim at the beach club. Are there any other restaurant/ beach club worth booking? There will be 9 of us, ferry or private boat? Thanks in advance!

Fiorucci
Gift & Speciality Shops
Capri Kronos
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Sea Gull
Gift & Speciality Shops
4 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,253 posts
1. Re: Bagni Tiberio or la fontelina?

Read up here on the various beach clubs - La Fontelina and Da Luigi (my personal favorite but that is subjective) are right next to each other with glorious views right on the Faraglioni -

http://www.capri.net/en/search-result?search_query=bathing+establishments

Decide re: boat based on your budget, timings, etc There are boat companies down at the main beach in Positano that you can scope out when there or check with a few on www.positano.com to see your options. http://www.positano.com/en/boat-tours

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Bagni Tiberio or la fontelina?

I would choose something near Anacapri like Il Riccio or the Punta Carena beach club. Sorry to all the aficionados, but the clubs near Capri Town in my opinion are some of the most outrageous tourist traps we have in Italy.

Level Contributor
333 posts
3. Re: Bagni Tiberio or la fontelina?

Da Luighi for the most dramatic setting and good food. It's expensive as are all the other beach clubs. How you get there and back will take some research on your part and if all 9 of you like to walk....... from the harbor take the funicular up, then u can take a great walk to Da Luighi. About 30 min. Then take a water taxi to wherever you want to go after lunch.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,636 posts
659 reviews
4. Re: Bagni Tiberio or la fontelina?

"There will be 9 of us, ferry or private boat? "

For 9 people I might consider the Private boat.

Reply to: Bagni Tiberio or la fontelina?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted