We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip or one night stay

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Day trip or one night stay

We are planing a trip to AC in mid October. We are still deciding on staying in Positano or sorrento. There seems to be mixed reviews on both. If staying in Positano how would we get to Capri? Is there a ferry from Positano and is it running in October? Also, is a day trip sufficient amount of time or should we stay overnight on way back to Rome via Naples?

23 replies to this topic
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
21. Re: Day trip or one night stay

Thank you. I’ve acutually decided to stay 4 nights in Capri and base myself there. We are staying at either Luna hotel or villa Brunella in Capri. My concern though... i see a lot of people on here mentioning about not being able to get ferry to Positano etc due o rough seas. With Capri being an island, are people concerned about getting stuck there all day on day of check out and missing flights etc?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,632 posts
659 reviews
22. Re: Day trip or one night stay

" I’ve acutually decided to stay 4 nights in Capri and base myself there."

That sounds awesome! What are your plans for Capri now?

Palmanova, Spain
Level Contributor
53 posts
23. Re: Day trip or one night stay

I had also wondered if that could be a problem ,we will be staying in Capri for 2 nights and then be going on ferry back to Naples to get our flight in the afternoon ,can it be a problem to get back to the mainland if weather is rough?

Reply to: Day trip or one night stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted